Giving thanks always

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" -Eph 5:20

February 17, 2012

Whale

While traveling on the expressway we stopped at one of the many gas station/rest stop/convenient store locations. At this particular stop I came across this really dark meat with (as you can see) fish characters near by. I’ve never seen black meat before so of course I was curious. To my surprise…it was whale. Whale steaks, whale tuna, whale in general. It’s apparently that dark because they smoke it and salt it for consumption. Cultural differences are interesting. I thought it was crazy they sold whale like that and he thought it was odd that we don’t in the United States. He remembered eating it in the cafeteria during elementary school. Has anyone eaten whale before? What’s it like?

IMG_1258IMG_1259

No comments:

Post a Comment