Giving thanks always

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" -Eph 5:20

June 14, 2011

Uhei aka Fish Tank

It has been 7 days since I last blogged. My apologies. School and life has been a little hectic. I want blogging to be a pleasure and if I’m not feeling up to it, I’m not going to do it. But I do have some stuff to share. :)

We’ve been meaning to go to this restaurant that Peter had told me about basically since we got to Japan. It is just down the road from the main gate. This past Wednesday we had time to spare before church and we finally made it! It’s called Uhei or Fish Tank. I’m not sure if that is an actual translation or if that I just what they call themselves for the English sake because they have a huge fish tank on the outside of their building. Either way, Peter kept telling me about the stuffed chicken wings they had. I wasn’t that impressed with those (SORRY BABE) but I did enjoy the other food I got!

A shot of the front.

017

Checking out the fish from the inside of the restaurant.

008

Notice the tables on the left. You take off your shoes and sit Indian style on the raised floor. That isn’t the most comfortable seating for Peter with his long legs so we opted for a table.

001

Looking into the kitchen area. Most restaurants do their cooking in an open area where the customers can watch.

004

the seafood.

005

bacon wrapped everything!

012

These bowls were super yummy and so simple. It is just rice, egg, and chicken for me, pork for Peter. Soooo good.

010

The gyoza stuffed chicken I was so excited to try. It was pretty good but I don’t think I would get it again.

011

Walking to church…hand in hand!

018

1 comment:

  1. What was on the chicken that made it look slimy? I guess it doesn't matter how it looks as long as it taste good. But, at least it looks like chicken instead of guessing what you're about to eat....hahahaha!!!!

    I love the hand-in-hand pic. I have such an adorable family!!!!

    Love you, Precious!!!!

    ReplyDelete