Giving thanks always

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" -Eph 5:20

September 10, 2010

Kanji and Grocery Stores

Today I volunteered to make my neighbors dinner. We are having game night and we usually have snacks. So I told them we are trying to eat healthy and asked if they had any requests. Lemon chicken on a bed of seasoned rice with broccoli, carrots and a butter sauce is what they decided on. Well... fancy. haha... They only sell frozen chicken at the commissary (on base) which is fine...but I'm not a big fan. So I ventured out to a local grocery store. Found the chicken section and then pondered. I mean it doesn't take a genius to look at chicken parts and have an idea about what they are (legs, breasts, wings...) but there was this one package. It looked like sliced chicken breasts. And chicken breasts were what i came for. There were also individually packaged chicken breast. I needed four I didn't want to buy them individually so that's why i was looking at this other package. It had more meat in it...for less than one breast... but I was scared...kanji is tricky. I don't know what it says...therefore I could not risk feeding my friends neck parts or intestine parts...or who knows what. So I went the safe route...bought the nearly $3 a piece chicken breast. Anywho. Just a quick little story about living in a foreign country!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. A perfect cartoon picture for your story. So appropriate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. chicken intesntines.....hahahahaha!!!!! I'm so glad you're cautious that way I know I won't be eating chicken intestines when I come for a visit...hahahah!!!! LOVE the cartoon!...perfect for this story!

    ReplyDelete