Giving thanks always

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" -Eph 5:20

September 8, 2010

A Quick Trip to Hiroshima

We had a super long weekend due to the Labor Day holiday. Yay! I love long weekends! We were trying to decide what we wanted to do with all this free time. Well, we jacked around and it was the last day of the long weekend and we had rarely left our house. Except for game night at our next door neighbors. Walking 5 feet away from you home is basically like being home. Anyways, we decided we had to do something! Luckily we have a neat place like Hiroshima just an hour down the road! Now this trip was almost an epic failure. We had intentions of only spending a few hours there. We had lunch in mind and visiting a few fabric shops (I'm learning to sew) and maybe some shopping. Well, I got a few ridiculous "find these land mark" directions and thought we'd be okay. Well turns out that's not very smart. I keep forgetting we aren't in America where I could just stop and ask directions. After driving around for a while and almost deciding to just go home we found a landmark!! Parco Mall!!! So we parked, did a little looking around at the shops, found a cute little restaurant, sprinted to Starbucks, and then happened upon a small fabric shop I heard about. Then headed home. At least we did SOMETHING!! Starbucks was worth the hour drive! ;) But seriously, Hiroshima is an awesome city. Lots of hustle and bustle. Lots of interesting people to look at. The younger folks are really into dressing unique. Lots of shopping. You could spend weeks shopping! There's lots of history. Just all around great place. I'm sure I'll go there more times than I can count but for this trip...just a few quick hours.


On the road headed to Hiroshima
The cute little place we ate. New York New York. We were so adventurous! haha... found an American restaurant; ate pizza and a hamburger... silly us.
Lunch, Dinner, Cafe, Bar, PARTY. haha

Parco Mall, one of the land marks we needed to find!
Starbucks...when they aren't on every corner they are so beautiful to come across!
A little glimpse into the shopping district

Fabric shop.

Fabric shop. I'm super stoked to start sewing!! They didn't have much fabric but I bought a few things to make it worth the trip!

Headed out of Hiroshima. You can see lots of housing in the background.

2 comments:

  1. I may need an extra week of time there during my visit just to shop that mall. :-) Just kidding, Peter. :-) hahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The roads look so confusing! And I thought Austin was bad. haha

    ReplyDelete