Giving thanks always

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" -Eph 5:20

November 10, 2010

235 Years Old

Happy birthday Marine Corps! Today you turn 235 years old. Every year the Marine Corps celebrates their birthday in many ways but one tradition is the ball. Peter and I got all fancy and went to one last night! We didn't have the best seats in the house so I didn't get to capture all the events that took place. They had guest speakers, a motivational video, the birthday cake cutting ceremony, flag presentation and a historical fashion show. The fashion show was really neat. We got to see all the different uniforms of the Marine Corps from the beginning to present day. I would have loved to take pictures but my camera just couldn't handle the distance. Now that I've been blogging for a bit, we've been tempted to buy a better camera. Maybe one day. There was cocktail hour, the ceremony, dinner and then dancing into the night. We didn't stay for much dancing. My shoes needed to come off quick, fast and in a hurry and Peter's done the ball so many times, he was ready to go too. It was fun getting dressed up though and finally getting to experience a real Marine Corps ball.

our pretty table.

me and my lovebug! He didn't get to wear his blues (the super sexy Marine Corps uniform) because the exchange didn't have one of his medals he needed but he still looked handsome!

us with our new friends Ben and Amber.

ah...shoes off, going home!

my big ol butt! how embarrassing! haha!

1 comment:

  1. Such a historical event.....enjoyed by a beautiful couple! Glad y'all went!!!!!

    ReplyDelete