Giving thanks always

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" -Eph 5:20

November 6, 2010

Akiyama

Let me start by saying I love sushi. We are in the land of sushi. For some reason though we haven't eaten any since we've been here. We finally went for some last night with some of our friends at a place called Akiyama. It was worth the wait. So yummy and the best part was all the tables are surrounded by a conveyor belt. The sushi just comes by constantly! Love it! A dream come true!! Food just coming to me! It's a little risky because you're not always sure what you are going to be eating but they have a menu that you can base your choices off of. Neat place, yummy food, great friends! My type of Friday night!

Sign outside the restaurant.
Thank ya for the English! ;)
Akiyama. A lot of places have English menus for us. Very considerate of our Japanese friends. We like to know what we are eating!!
All the different types of sushi to choose from.
One of the sushi chefs.
The conveyor belt. Genius!
Some of my choices. Fatty tuna.
I was being adventurous with this one. Okra and yams. I don't think it was the type of yam I was thinking of. It was sticky, had a horribly surprising texture and was disgusting!
Fried eel with a mayo sauce.
I had to have an American favorite. Special ordered the California roll!
They were huge but for some reason I insisted on eating it all in one bite!
Gluttony at its finest. Peter had three desserts! Super creamy ice cream, cheese cake and creme brulee.
The plates are color coordinated by price. You just pull them off the conveyor belt and stack them up. When you're done the waitstaff comes by and adds it all up! Our tower of plates! ;)
Most places have mints or something sweet at the cash register. Anyone for a dried fish head?

2 comments:

  1. Sushi?...yuk
    Dried fish heads?....major YUK!
    Seeing y'all enjoy yourselves?.....priceless!!!! :-)


    I think I'll stick with Pappadeaux's and Texas Roadhouse...hahahaha!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Brandon would like this place! Me... I would stick to the California Rolls! lol

    ReplyDelete