Giving thanks always

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" -Eph 5:20

December 29, 2010

Kyoto part two

Day three: First stop on day three was to yet another shrine. I can’t give much information on it because we just just came up on it and I jumped out and started taking pictures. Gotta love a good find.

102104105106107108111110

Next we found a parking lot and took off walking. We came upon this fellow.160

162165

Kyoto is a large city so they have lots of shopping and are much more westernized than our little town of Iwakuni. Hello American food. We ate at T.G.I.Fridays.166

I always get a kick out of translations. Thought this one was interesting until I walked by the store and saw that it was literally a whole store for socks. 167

169

They were playing some lovely Christmas music. 171

Minamiza Theater174

I know everyone has seen a Starbucks but they were all over the place and Peter and I were stoked about it. We got our fill of it while we could. Mmmm… Starbucks!!! I don’t think you can ever really have too much Starbucks. 178

This is the Yasaka Shrine. The outside of it anyway. We were running out of day light at this point and I had other things I wanted to see. The Yasaka Shrine is a Shinto shrine located in the Gion district. People can stop by and pray for prosperity and health here. The Gion district is where you might just find a geisha walking around. 179175

While walking…183187

The Yasaka pagoda195

Day three to be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment